Blog Archive

Tuesday 12 April 2011

A few poems that I stumbled across today from my travels through Europe to Morocco in 2008. I thought I would share a few.

25.06.08

Penniless in Paris

One chocolate croissant
and a few mini pittas
cheese and chutney

Louvre and the Mona Lisa
Da Vinci and magic spirals
thoughts tantalising in a world
I do not recognise.

Eating a salad and watching
the people walking past.
Sarah talking to strangers
in French and Spanish
Tables turned; I sit in silence.

*****

Paris to Madrid, Night-train.

Lying on my bunk in a
swaying train
charging its way
through France to Spain
we shall awake in Madrid
for coffee and croissants
oh wait! - what do
the Spanish
have for breakfast?

*****

26.06.11

Madrid

Woke up sweating
ate a croissant
got dressed under duvet

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment