Blog Archive

Sunday 31 May 2015

Rémi écoutant la mer

Seeking out some purpose to my life. The question that always hums away to itself in the back of my mind. I am never quite sure where the melancholia comes from – is it the what if’s? Is it perhaps due to the thought I will never find out the answers? I will forever search and crave things that will give me purpose.

I believe in fate.
I believe that everything happens for a reason.
I believe in myself.
I believe in my inner compass.

But sometimes I find myself somewhere, and can’t remember the steps that led me there. At this point I need to step backwards, into a safe space, and work out the best way to get back on track. I hate wasting time. I hate the thought that my life is slipping away before I have managed to accomplish something of worth.

I listen to the sea.
I close my eyes and imagine the scene.
I believe in myself.
 


Édouard Boubat. Rémi écoutant la mer, 1955
 
 

>>>> Édouard Boubat (French: 1923–1999) was a French photojournalist and art photographer.  Boubat was born in Montmartre, Paris. He studied typography and graphic arts at the École Estienne and worked for a printing company before becoming a photographer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment