Blog Archive

Saturday 28 July 2018

Checking-in with yourself mid-summertime

After a hectic year and time spent over on Reflections on Curation I needed to check back in. 

It's a funny term, 'checking in', but one which resonates deeply. I have practiced yoga on and off for years, but I don't feel that I have ever seriously and continually 'practiced' it. 

This past year has taught me a few things about myself, and my body, and brought so much awareness back to understanding how my body is actually feeling. 

Yoga is an especially insightful practice which puts you in the present and gives you the time, space and quiet to really, deeply, 'check-in' with yourself. 



In August I will be heading down to the Devon countryside to share a weekend with my favourite yogi, Sarah, for a sadhana yoga retreat with teacher Lila Conway. Different to previous yoga retreats I have been on, this one will immerse us in a variety of practices; Asana, Pranayama, Kriyas, Chanting, Mantra, Sutras, and Meditation.  To be honest, I am more excited than I have ever been about a yoga retreat - purely as I will be able to really learn some new practices and look deep into myself in search of renewed purpose. 

It is all too easy to lose sight of the very essence of yourself, when you are packing so much into your life. When I took on a new job which involved moving across two counties, and a part-time masters degree, I thought I would be the same as I always am, essentially, breezing through with a smile on the outside and gallons of strength and resilience in the tank. But life isn't always like that. 

It is now mid-summer, and I am relishing the opportunity to re-focus. 




No comments:

Post a Comment