Blog Archive

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Little French Retreat meets Rejuvenation Lounge

Little French Retreat meets Rejuvenation Lounge
13-18th September 2015
Hosts: Tamsin (LFR) and Carole (RL)


S and I went by Train to London, then Eurostar to Paris, the Metro to change stations there, and then a TGV to Agen. We stayed one night at ApptCity in Agen and were picked up by taxi from the station at 4:15pm the following day to head to Montesquieu, Aquitaine.

Snippets from my diary...

13th September 2015

Thoughts of learning the piano. Is it possible in my old age? Music from Amelie, and Satie.  Agen train station, 3 hours to wait for our lift, and we hear this stunning music. 
A fluffy dog sits. Waiting for something. He accepts a nuzzle on the top of his head. He's like a little sheep. Oh how I long for a sausage dog. I will call her Agnes.

____

We have arrived. Terrified of what this will bring. Scared of letting go of the controls I have over my emotions and my mind.  So far it is just, S, J and me. 
Homemade tea from a plant in the garden. Heavenly and calming. I must ask what it is.  
The cat is beautiful. Our room is tucked in the eaves of the old French country house.  Rough carpet underfoot. I feel knots in my tummy. Anxious.
The others arrive wonderful, beautiful, wonderful G, G and A. 

Together we are heading off on a journey. 



(Truth speaking - Read this chapter in Fierce Medicine, Ana Forrest)

Nervous of how I want to be seen by strangers. Of how I have come across so far. Of what they think of me. Why does this matter?

***Candlelight***

Dinner of: Baby artichokes roasted with chilli oil, followed by tofu, chard, rice noodles, coconut... It looks and smells like a thai curry. But healthier! Melon 'crumble' for dessert.

14th September 2015

Slept okay. A bit cold. Tired this morning and a bit of a headache.

***Candlelight***

Breakfast of: Millet flake and tahini porridge with red peach and balsamic compote, and peach pieces. Some orange herbal tea.

This morning's restorative yoga session... headache dominated. 

Lunch of: Roasted cauliflower with Moroccan spices, bean sprouts and tabbouleh salad, and some rice noodles. An afternoon snack of cacao and aubergine cake followed later in the afternoon, with crème fraîche and berry compote. It tasted like a black forest gateaux, and was stunning.

Afternoon restorative yoga session... beginning to feel more specifically in tune with my breath. Almost lost myself in my own thought of possibility at the end. Conscious of being centered, grounded and present during meditation. Need to continue along this path. 

Orange Chakra. 
Creativity.
WHO IS 'ME'? 
Goddess Oracle cards. 

*Etsy listing for mala beads with turquoise stone, freshwater pearls ans chrysocella accents. Showed Carole. She agreed it is perfect for me. Must get it. malasanmore - Etsy.*



Dinner of: Pumpkin and cashew soup with fresh homemade bread. The most aromatic and filling, beautiful soup.

REMEMBER: BE KIND TO YOURSELF. YOU ARE AMAZING AND AWESOME AND UNIQUE AND SPECIAL, ALISON. 

***Candlelight*** 

Homemade chai tea for a nightcap. (1/2 almond milk, 1/2 rice milk, chai spices from India, 1 black tea bag, cardamom pods. Honey to taste. Stunning. Sleep inducing.

(Why doesn't Tamsin have a cookbook?!)

15th September 2015

Breakfast of: Buckwheat pancakes. Banana slices sprinkled with coconut. Herbal tea. 

Morning restorative yoga session: Felt really comfortable in session this morning. Carole had a vision of my breaking through a wall of glass. My headache is fading. 
I thought about the breath so deeply today. Alternate nostril breathing is amazing for me. 
Oracle card: Mother Earth MAWA. Affirmations / thoughts for the day. Plant and nurture something in the garden when we get home. Be outside more. Walk on early morning dewy grass with bare feet.
Headache has faded but is still there. I'm thinking of lunch. 
 
Is the wall coming down? More of a softness. It is softening. I'm slowing down. I'm eating, breathing slower. But still talking too fast.



LESS BOOKSHOP, MORE FEET ON GRASS.

Louise Hay: Deserving your good. Do you believe that you deserve to have your desire? If you don't, you won't allow yourself to have it. 

(Pray to your ancestors)

Afternoon tea: apricot sorbet and a biscuit. Chai spiced tea. Talk of Tao.

Afternoon restorative yoga session: Healing vibrations. OM chanting.

***Black Tourmaline / Rose Oil (on 3rd eye)*** Protection from other people's thoughts. 

I still have tension in my head. I breathe into it, I warm my hands and place them over my eyes. I breathe deeper. My goal is to shift this blockage before the end of the week. Remember to look up Carole's Blog. There are Oh Comely magazines all over this house. It's brilliant.

OMGoodness. Dinner of: beef tomato slices and avocado salad (with balsamic and sprinkle of salt) and emmental and courgette souffle. Oh wow. Eating slowly. Eating slowly. 

Sleep tonight will be with a piece of black tourmaline under my pillow. Allowing other people's baggage to seep from my mind and heart and into the crystal. 



Showered and fringe successfully trimmed with my bird embroidery scissors. I feel much better. A hollow feeling in my tummy though. Perhaps my pills are just sitting there. Third Eye Chakra. Oil on my forehead tonight.


Coincidences falling into place. Rain rip-tapping on the windows in the eaves. Beautiful. Thankful. Gratitude pledge. Yearly thanks. Goodnight. Thankful.

ps, I cannot fathom how such a simple thing like cutting my fringe out of my eyes has had such a profound effect on my mental well-being.

16th September 2015

Breakfast of: Wonderfully light muesli. Rice milk. Herbal tea.

Morning Restorative Yoga session: 3rd eye massage. Sitting lotus. Feet awakening. Hero pose or vajrasana
Sacred cave posture. Black Tourmaline. Affirmations for feeling safe. Pots of sea salt by the door to cleanse the space. Salt in pots on corners of the room to clear energy caught here. (Do this in new house)

Affirmations: 

I am safe. I am grounded. I am centered. I am balanced. I am right where I need to be. I am deeply connected to Mother Earth. I am grateful that I have all that I need. I AM WORTHY OF ALL THINGS WONDERFUL. 

I am powerful
       rooted
       safe
       strong
I am divinely supported at all times

I am passionate and full of energy.

Fancy a 10km hike in sandals, Sarah? in 29oC? YES! (This resulted in a blister, aching feet, and HUNGER) Home for muesli and hot herbal tea. 




Pick french sloes to take home for sloe gin. Look up Vivian Maier 
Watching The Way. Great film! I fancy listening to David Gray. I have been told I should listen to Alanis Morrisette. 

17th September 2015 Tamsin's birthday! 

Breakfast of: cumin spiced potato / omlette. Chai spiced tea.

Morning Restorative Yoga class: Begins outside. Grounding. Feet on the wet dewy grass. Meditation. Photographs of our feet.  
Draw the cards. Three card spread. Body:Mind:Soul 
Body: Owl. Lends you the eyes that you need in order to see the dark around you.
Mind: Stag. Take pride in all that you do. Be the leader and keep your head held high.
Soul: Athena. (Uh-THEEN-uh.) Consult your own inner bank of knowledge. Quiet your mind. Surrender all worries. Stop giving your power to others. Don't second guess yourself! You are correct in the moment. Notice recurring ideas and take action. Have you been tapped on the shoulder?  

I feel more energetic after today's session. Wrapped in a blanket - it's beautiful stillness. All of us reluctant to leave the space. Remember: less woe is me. Be open to receiving energies. Implement Sacred Rest Sundays at home in new house.

IT TAKES A LOT OF ENERGY TO LET GO OF FATIGUE

Sound medicine. Humming. Nervous about doing this. Apprehensive to see what happened. Practice this. Feel the vibrations throughout the body.

Carole, Gillian and Juri dancing to MC YOGI. Brilliant!

Afternoon Restorative Yoga Session: Om shri Durgayai Namah 

Powerful healing session. I felt like I was high up. Being raised up. Above everything. I AM LOVED. Can I now accept that? There was so much love and positive energy in the room throughout. 



Dinner of: Beetroot and basil tart with carrot salad.

 


What a journey. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment