Blog Archive

Monday 6 February 2017

A list of accomplishments

I have been encouraged to write a list of my accomplishments - as an exercise to see which areas in my life I have focused and created a outcome as a result of dedicated and directed energy.  Someone else who has done this exercise recalled that "...as I perused my list afterwards I realised that each of those items within the list required some different skill or mindset."

Which is something you need to remind yourself is always a possibility. You never stop learning, growing, and improving. So here we are. My list...


  1. I flew a glider whilst in the Air Training Corps when I was in my pre-teens.
  2. I played in 3 rugby matches in my early teens, with an (Olympic) England Rugby star before she was famous.
  3. I got a 2:1 at university.
  4. I have lived in Wolverhampton, Newcastle upon Tyne, London, Bournemouth, Taunton, and soon, Bath. 
  5. I photographed shoes for a major retailers website (Dune). Some of which are still online.
  6. I travelled through London, France and Spain, before spending 10 days travelling around Morocco, staying sometimes with locals in their homes. 
  7. I have run two half marathons, one 10 mile race, and three 10k races.
  8. I have raised money for Save the Children and the Mental Health Foundation through my running.
  9. I am still friends with three people I went to primary school with (31 years!)
  10. I grew a plant from a lemon pip. It is now around 7 years old.
  11. I have donated hundreds of books to Oxfam - and I had read them all!
  12. I embarked on a change of career after over 10 years as a bookseller, at age 34.
  13. I have written an article for a national magazine.
  14. I have given a public talk.
  15. I have undertaken a major research project, and it has won me a place on a Masters course at Bath Spa University for 2017.

It's pretty exciting seeing these things written down. Try it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment